Monday, October 17, 2016

She let herself go to NEW YORK city!

Sometimes the Universe or God or whatever you want to call it speaks so clearly that you have no choice but to listen...tonight was one of those nights.

I was clearly told to go home (well in my case back to my sister's in New York) after seeing Glennon -Doyle-Melton and attempt to write a blog post.

I don't even know where to start or how to catch you up -  but I do know that I am suppose to be writing this post....

My life you guys - it's ridiculously cool theses days - like so cool that when I pause to think about it, it takes my breath away. Seriously, I'm not sure how God pulled it off, but he did - honestly all I did was show up - oh, and managed not to get shit canned or do anything else ridiculously stupid to torch the miracles he has been creating for me.

Tonight when one of the speakers asked us to close our eyes and think about who we really were, my mind scrolled all the way back to when I was a little girl with long brown hair that just wanted to help people and then suddenly I realized that I am the same exact person, just a little bit bigger with a whole lot more wisdom.

It feels good to be back.

xoxo,
Emily


2 comments:

  1. Amen!I am fighting the battke of nental illness bow) without alcohol or drugs! I am trying to save my wonderful job/career, my daughter, 5 yr old grandaughter, husband, sister and family) as long as I seek additional professional help and risk losing everything Ive worked for, it is one of the hardest things to do, but Dr Phils show brought me to get inpatient help for the LAST TIME, Im 62 yrs old, Baytown, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super grateful for seeing you on a random documentary? And not searching the Web for your blog :-) ...I don't know what to say except that it would be great if you could email me? Haha...
    My email is suzierose3@gmail.com.
    I feel like I recognize a problem that I have with alcohol....now being a single mom for almost 10 years.....I never drink at all or not that much when I am around friends or family members (which is why my brother in law named me "Suzie 2 sips" ...because I just take a couple sips of a beer and then leave it. :-) .......but when I am alone...and lonely, or after my daughter is FINALLY asleep....I feel like it is MY time to unwind.....and that is when I drink....and sometimes I'm up late and then I'm tired getting my daughter to school.....and I feel enormous shame :-( ....any good advice or wise words? Would be much appreciated....because it seems I have no will power to stop this ...happens about 2 to 3 times a week and I don't want it to get worse. :-(

    ReplyDelete