Monday, February 2, 2015

Doing the next right thing...

There are times I'm not sure what the next right thing to do is but I'm normally pretty clear on what the next wrong action to take is. I'm uncomfortable, lonely and going through a mass amount of growth. My will wants to reach out and fill that void with something unhealthy...like finding a man or eating crappy food or whatever is temporarily gonna make me feel better. I  know that is not the answer and I know if I just hold on the uncomfortableness will pass. 

I am doing everything that I was taught to do. I'm going to meetings and working with other alcoholics. I'm eating healthy and doing yoga. I'm doing step work and digging deeper into the things that are affecting me in my life today.

  I'm doing all of these things even though what I really want to do is crawl up in bed and not get out for the rest of the month but instead I will ... Just keep swimming…

No comments:

Post a Comment