Thursday, January 22, 2015

Manic/Depressive

In the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous there is a paragraph that states - There is the manic-depressive type, who is, perhaps, the least understood by his friends, and about whom a whole chapter could be written.

It is tough to admit that I am that type of alcoholic - but I am.  The last few weeks have taught me that I still have manic in me - I find that to be upsetting and scary - as manic has lead me to very dark places in the past. But not this time. This time I knew exactly what to do and because of that I kept my sanity and my soberity. 

Reading the Big Book helped - it always does. Reading the passage about the manic/depressive alcoholic was pivotal - you see I start to feel  that I am the only one who suffers with a mental illness. But the truth is.. all alcoholics deal with mental illness in one way or another. I am not  unique in my illness and thinking so is just my ego trying to separate me from God (Easing God Out)

I'm not unique, I am not alone. I am one of.

1 comment:

  1. Super brave, Em. Way to step right into fear. I am proud of you and impressed by you! XOXO - Amy

    ReplyDelete