Monday, January 19, 2015

Emotional Newcomer

I'm not really ready to talk about it - but this last week sucked. I went into the event I last blogged about resentful, tired and discontent - working a half ass program....because of that ego and pride took over .. And you know what they say about pride.

When it came down to it I had to pick my soberity over my job. I know the redirection happened for a reason - I know God needs me in another place to do his will. But I will admit that even though I know it is for a reason it didn't make it any less painful or any less scary. That's the thing about faith just because I have a ton doesn't mean I don't have feelings and emotions and fear.

Obviously there's a little more to this but again I'm just not ready to talk about it.

As for my recovery..I'm kind of looking at it like I'm an emotional newcomer. I'll be going to a meeting every day, read out of the big book, help the other alcoholics and talk to my sponsors.

  Easy does it.

1 comment:

  1. We're the stars out of line? I too have allowed myself to return to a meeting everyday to try and get a small grasp back on myself. Thank you for all you write - Shelly in Arlington, VA

    ReplyDelete