Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I was that Girl

This weekend at one of my events we had a little hiccup. The night was going wonderfully, everyone is calm and happy and then.......

A very intoxicated woman takes a tumble down our stairs (luckily we were not the ones who over served her) Here she is on the stairs, crying and confused and completely lost. I held her and rocked her back and forth as she cried in my arms - so sad :( Once 911 arrived  Firemen do what they normally do with intoxicated people....5 firemen in your face asking you questions does not help matters - I know this because as the title of this post says, I was that girl. It took me back to a place I never want to go again.

As I come up on 7 years of sobriety I find myself forgetting what it was life. I NEVER want to underestimated the horrible shape I was in before I got sober - Losing my mind, in and out of institutions, driving drunk, wanting to die...It was horrible and going back there is not a choice for me.

This weekend I had a glimpse at the life I've left behind....probably just what I needed.  


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can read this blog also for their knowledge : how long does heroin stay in your urine how long does xanax stay in your urine
    Some people think addiction can be cured if be treated properly and some people think never and treat addicted people like stranger and outsider of the society.
    On the other hand, at some point, some drug addicted people want to comeback normal life and they take help their relatives, close friends and some times drug addiction recovery centers to recover from their situation.

    ReplyDelete