Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Depression Sucks

JLately have been suffering from a little bit of depression. NOTHING like the depressions that I have had in the past - thank God! It is mild and I'm not even sure I would notice except that these days I am decently in tune with myself physically and emotionally.

My life is great right now - amazing actually! The dreams and goals that I have set for myself are all being accomplished. I am happy and grateful. No reason to be depressed....right!? 

Well, I wish someone would tell my depression that! How do I even know that I'm depressed? I'm a little more tired than normal, a bit more distracted. Depression tired is not like normal tired...if you suffer from depression you probably know what I mean. 

I am watching it carefully. Sometimes depression happens when I am processing something - consciously or subconsciously. Like the grief cycle it does what it needs to do in order to heal and then the depression lifts. Then there's the other kind of depression, the one that takes a med change to pull out of.

That's the tricky part  - is my current depression situational and will it pass on it's own? Or is it clinical and time to readjust my anti-depression? (yes, I take one. I tried a year without it and spent almost the entire year on the couch) 

For now Easy Does It.....Yoga, meetings, naps, prayer and meditation. 

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I am so grateful to you for continuing this blog. I have been reading it for several years now and it ALWAYS helps me! I am a divorced Mom with two teenage kids, I am in recovery, I date on and off and I need to watch depression. So as you can see I have a lot to gain from reading your blog... :-)

    ReplyDelete