Sunday, November 9, 2014

Settling - ever single persons fear.

 I was talking to my mom the other day and we were discussing finding a partner. I'm coming to see that as you get older there's a decent amount of compromising that needs to occur. Instead of shooting for that 'Oh my God, take your breath away, I can't believe I found him, lusty love that last like five seconds..you start looking for a companion..someone who has the same morals and goals as you - someone who would make a good partner. This transition is hard for me to swallow. But as I sit here 10 years after my divorce still single I am seeing that what I truly want is a companion - someone to grow with. 

With that being said I'd rather be alone than be with someone just because they are a "good choice"  I'm up for compromising and realizing that people aren't perfect - but out and out settling is out of the question.

I'm a little bit cranky today - sorry for the relationship rant. 








No comments:

Post a Comment