Thursday, October 30, 2014

Breaking the Cycle

There were/are things I need to know that I could do in a relationship in order to move forward in any sort of healthy anything. The first was that I could end a serious relationship if I had to - and the other was that I could end a potential relationship the minute I figured out that there was a deal breaker.

For me getting "stuck" in a relationship I don't want to be in is one of my greatest fears. It has happened and I don't want it to happen again. My ability to trust that I have the strength and courage to remove myself from an unhealthy situation is critical, as I believe it will greatly impact my future relationships.

I will eventually have to learn to stay in a relationship even when boundaries have been crossed, or they are annoying the hell out of me, or whatever... but that's a later lesson - for now I am just practicing trusting myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment