Monday, September 22, 2014

Annette visits Arizona

If you've read emilyism.com for any amount of time then chances are you know who Annette is...if not, she is the first friend I made on emilyism. She saw my article in People magazine and then emailed me. It's been insta friendship since. She has been the emilyism editor and quite often the comment moderator. There was a time when people had to be reminded that this blog is here to be a safe place for people to share their hope, fear, happiness and struggles - the only way to do that is to keep it kind and loving in the comment section. There's enough blogs out there where people can be assholes - this is not one of them.

I don't know if Annette knows this but there was a time in recovery where she absolutely saved my ass. After the Dr. Phil show came out I was so overwhelmed that I could hardly function. On top being totally overwhelmed from the show I was also going through a horrible break up and I had decided to quit smoking - because God forbid I do anything in moderation. She sent me a meeting reminder e-mail every morning through that time. Some times they were serious, sometimes they were very funny, but they came like clock work every morning. They were a life line and the thing I used to tell myself that I was okay.  Here she was thinking I was saving her ass, when truly she was saving mine (God is so smart) I am truly blessed to have her in my life.

We had a wonderful visit this weekend. Were's a picture to prove it.....







3 comments:

  1. You and Annette have helped me so much. Because of this blog I finally reached out for help and am in counseling and on my journey to sobriety. I have had a set back recently, but am on my path. Thank you ladies!

    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh Em! I think over the years we have both done our share of saving each other's lives - and I'm happy to continue that till the end of time! You inspire so many every day - you work a great recovery program and I try to do the same, following in your footsteps & listening to your suggestions :) I'm always here to help in any way I can :)
    I love you and thank God every day for bringing us together...we make a pretty awesome team!
    Hi Cali!!! So glad you are still following, commenting and on your own personal journey in Recovery...keep us posted here and comment whenever you want - if you're struggling or not - it's always a comfort to chat with another like us :)
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette. Thank you.

      Cali

      Delete