Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No Second Chances

I truly want this to be the most impactful blog post I ever write. I have gone to more funerals in sobriety that I have in my entire life. It is heart breaking to see what the disease does - this disease that millions have but nobody wants to talk about. Well,  I'm going to talk about it - and I'm going to keep on talking about it - because if I don't it will win.

The ripple affect - an alcoholic only sees what it does to them and most of the time not even that - but it doesn't just affect them, it hurts the entire family.  Below is a picture of a very good friend of mine holding the hand of her 56 year old mother as she dies from alcoholism. No child deserves that.



We think we have forever to get sober - we think that it'll never happen to us - I mean really? I'm not a daily drinker - you don't have to be to get cirrhosis.  Alcoholism is fatal - and that's not me being dramatic.

This Mom gave birth to 4 amazing children, and left then with the last vision of her in full liver failure, yellow and clinging to life.  I share their story in the hopes that it saves other children from going through the pain they did.

There are no second chances, there isn't a rewind button when you are on your death bed ... only regret.

If you're reading this you still have time. You are so lucky and so blessed. If you're wondering if it's time to get sober - it is.




RIP  Kathy ... may you now be the angel your children deserve <3 nbsp="" p="">

2 comments:

  1. all i can say is wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your friend - losing her Mom. Thank you for the post. A huge wake up call.

    ReplyDelete