Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Dash

I got asked an interesting question today....What would your head stone say? Good Mom? Genuine and caring person? I didn't really know how to answer it right off the bat - but it did get me thinking.....

Isn't it really about the dash. What have I accomplished in the time God has given me on earth. Have I been kind? Have I been loving and empathetic to people who are suffering? Did I try not to judge what I didn't  understand. Did I take the lessons God gave me and help people with that wisdom? Did I let my heart lead even though that can be painful. Did I live a life that I can be proud of?

The answer to all of the above is ... sometimes...but the fact is I try. If at the end of each day I can at least say I genuinely tried than that is good enough for me.

Emily Sadler
1974-
Everyday she woke up and tried to be the best person she could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment