Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Forgiveness

Forgiving ourselves. I have made a lot of mistakes...a lot! I have done things, and said things, and thought things that I am ashamed of. I am far from perfect. I am human and part of being human is being flawed. 

A commentor asked about forgiving ourselves. It can be a huge task in soberity, as no one makes it into recovery with out some major screw ups. But here's the deal, here's what I think about that - we go through our lives, we make mistakes (sometimes huge ones) we hurt people, we burn bridges, we aren't always honest, and in the end we normally are left with nothing, not even our spirit. 

but there's a reason why - and that reason is beautiful, and powerful and Gods grace. I've said it many times, we go through what we go through to help the next person who needs to go through it. It's not complicated, it's not personal - it is our journey and our reason for being here. I promise you if you are following Gods will people will walk into your life who need only one thing from you, and that is for you to share your mistakes as honestly as you can, and share that there is a solution no matter how bad it is. So you see you've already been forgiven ... God had you go through anything and everything you have been through for a reason, and that reason is so you can help others with the wisdom you have learned from your experiences. 

You are loved and you are forgiven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment