Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ball Buster

Who am I really? What's underneath my coat of armor? Which come to find out is super thin. People in my world see this strong, independent, ball buster. I'm not, that's not really who I am. It is who I have had to become. And when you get underneath the armor it is not who I am at all - at least the ball buster part. 

I am walking this fine mental line right now between thinking that I need the strength of a loving man to feel safe - but on the flip side the strong, independent single Mom in me is thinking she should never again let her stability or security depend on a man. Makes dating kind of a bitch :) 

I know, I know it'll come when it's meant to, don't force it, you'll find love when you're least expecting it - I KNOW! They say loves comes when you stop looking, when you stop wanting...if that's the case, if that's truly the case - it should happen any time now....





1 comment:

  1. I am a single mom and have the same feelings. Someone told me that it's okay to want life-long companionship, and you have to give yourself permission to feel that. The same person also said - there are people that don't find the love of their life, and live to tell about it. Count me in that group!

    ReplyDelete