Saturday, December 7, 2013

Guess who brought their alcoholism to Maui?

Blogging from Maui. I wish I had these amazing descriptive words to explain my experiences here - but I don't really.

I am going to come clean with the one rough thing I did go through... I felt cheated that I couldn't drink. You see I brought my alcoholism with me. That underline anxiety that I live with, well my body packed it along. It felt unfair that I couldn't, even on vacation, escape my emotions. My disease comes with me everywhere I go. And I'm not going to lie, that fricking sucks.

I wish I could jump on here and tell you it was the most peaceful and relaxing week of my life - but I can't. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty damn relaxing, but without a doubt my DISease was working overtime.

It's almost like I had this since of entitlement - I mean really I'm on vacation.....
Then reality and gratitude set in..The truth is the fact I am employable today, and have a job where I have earned vacation time is amazing. And the fact is if I was still drinking I'd be locked up. I am an alcoholic, and my alcoholism was getting uglier by the minute.

Sober vacations are something very new to me. 

Update:
On my way up to my room after writing the above post I was in the elevator with a women so intoxicated that she could neither walk nor talk - I will take a little anxiety over that anyday! 







Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment