Monday, December 16, 2013

From Attitude to Gratitude

                     


Today had all of the makings for a huge pity-party. I got 4 cavities filled, I got a ticket, and all I had to look forward in the evening was going to Gavin's 8th grade choir program alone, again. Self-pity almost seemed fair - like really?! What a shitty day.... Then something happened, like it normally does - reality and gratitude set in.....

I finally have the money and insurance to get my teeth fixed, I lost the privilege to drive for 2 years, so really a ticket ain't no big thing, and as for the concert it was adorable and there wasn't one part of me that wanted to be any other place on this planet that right where I was. 

Perception is a beautiful thing. 



1 comment:

  1. Perception IS a big thing. And mine has been completely whacked most of my life. Since there are no do-overs, there's no time like the present to try a different way. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete