Saturday, November 23, 2013

Chasing Rejection



I know that I'm not the only women that does it. But God do I do it.

 It's the typical story--boy chases girl - boy catches girl - boy backs up - girl chases boy. 

Every time...Could someone please explain to me what in the hell that is!? 

I know all the "rules" all the "tricks, I've read ever book, but I still find myself doing it. I may not act on it, but the feeling is still there. I'm very conscious of it these days. I can see and evaluate my feelings, thoughts, and actions in regards to chasing rejection...but I can't exactly pin point why it is happening. Is it just normal human behavior. Or is it a bigger, deeper issue. Is it abandonment issues from my childhood? Is it low self-Estéem. The fear of vulnerability, perhaps? Is it a disconnect from my Higher-Power? 

I'm thinking maybe it is a mixture of all of the above...I am a firm believer of being able to fix what we are aware of. And I am painfully aware of this one, and it is getting old. 

What work do I need to do in order to stop chasing rejection? 

1 comment: