Saturday, November 23, 2013

6 years Sober


6 years ago I accidentally made a decision that would forever change the course of my life. All I knew was that something had to change. I didn't know how I was going to stop drinking - as it was my life. But it was a life that lead to nothing but misery, guilty, shame, sadness and eventually insanity. I didn't want to live it one more second - I wanted to die - I didn't know what I was going to do, or how I was going to do it..but I knew I was willing to try. 

Recovery for me began when willingness set it. I had the willingness to listen to the people who had gone before me, and because of that I am 6 years sober today.  

For that I am grateful! 

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Congrats on 6 years. That's phenomenal, especially from where I'm sitting, at 19 days (and a thousand nights, as they say!)

    Keep writing, it's helping some of us in our own battles:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Em!!! You so inspire me and I hope you know that! I want what you have and I'm not giving up.....Love you girl & congrats on 6 years :) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Emily!

    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Kudos to you for your six years of sobriety. I think that's really admirable, considering that your mind is showing fresher visions and understandings now that you're sober. Your mind may have been clouded by the liquor before, but I believe all is good now. That should be nice for your life plans as well. Anything is possible now.

    Donnie Benson @ Midwest Institute for Addiction

    ReplyDelete