Saturday, October 5, 2013

Shame

Shame,  lets talk about it for a minute. I believe that the best description of shame is a fear of disconnect. A fear of what we have done, or what we  have been through once reviled will result in a judgment and disconnect from the person we  reviled it to. Therefor  feeling even more shame, and adding to that rejection. Shame thrives and grows on being kept a secret.  I'm sure you've heard the term we're only as sick of our secrets, right? 

I am looking at something in childhood right now that I had absolutely no control of, but that brings me great shame. It has been around as long as I can remember...so I have no choice but to get to the root of it, and pull that shit out. 

I'm not going to lie, I'm not thrilled about it. 


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment