Sunday, October 13, 2013

Outside Issues



 So, in the program I stay sober we do steps. In the last 5 years I have used these steps to get sober, and to treat a mental illness. Just so there's no confusion here; alcoholism is a mental illness - I just happen to have two, it's referred to as co-occurring. Ok, enough clinical horse shit, let's get to the point here.

 I've used the steps to treat, cure, and process every situation for 5 years..my alcoholism, smoking, my relationships, depression....EVERYTHING! It has been and will continue to be my 'go-to' therapy.

 With that being said I will be spending whatever time it takes to figure out a way to step out -numerophobia- yes, I have a fear of numbers...it has affected me in huge ways, and I'm sure that it served a purpose in my life at some point, but now it's just getting in my way, and it is time to walk through it.

 So here's some math; I reduced the issue to it's simplest form, so I could grab ahold of it enough to do step work on it.

I used the word reduced, that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment