Sunday, June 23, 2013

Communication Problem

It seem that when it comes to my intimate relationships I have a bit of a communication problem. You see I didn't know this-being that my dating in sobriety have lasted about 2 seconds. I communicate, that's what I do. I talk about my story, my feelings, and my emotions-and by doing so hopefully help others to work through theirs.

But when it comes to dating someone...sharing who I am, how I feel, and what I want is really hard for me. This insecure, shy girl still lives inside me that is willing to put up with whatever from a man just because he's giving me attention (Daddy issues-I'm sure) but you know what? I am happy being by myself. For the first time in my life I don't need a man to make me happy, or to define who I am. With that being said that doesn't mean I'm not still a little bit broken.

Relationships in sobriety are tough.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment