Saturday, May 18, 2013

Humbled

I am home safe and sound. I am home a little more humbled, a little more in awwww over my life, and what it is becoming. I'm not sure I have the words to explain the last few days...how do you explain the feeling of being around greatness. I spoke at a establishment that was created by a legend (and I didn't even know it)...I was half way through the event when I realized that Father Martin was the very same man who did "Chalk Talk" (look it up) half of what we hear in recovery came from him (I am sure if he were here he'd correct me on that-it came God...but his delivery was ingenious!) His explanation on the disease of alcoholism is spot on. I'm guessing that not knowing was what kept me right sized. God is VERY smart! Father Martin's Ashley is a beautiful, spiritual place. I feel in love the second I set foot on its campus. My very favorite part was when I entered their chapel...I looked to the right and of course found Holy water, but when I looked down the isles every pew had a Recovery Bible. It was a perfect combination as far as I'm concerned. As for my speech-it went great! I stepped in front of the microphone and the words just came to me, as they always do. I sure wish I would have just had faith that would happen-instead of torturing the hell out of myself the night before. Maybe next time :)

4 comments:

  1. Emily, I attended the luncheon on Thursday at FMA and heard your presentation. A group of us went to see the movie when it premiered in Alexandria VA...you were the one woman we could all relate to the best, so it was a great privilege to hear you speak. Thank you for travelling so far to share your experience, strength and hope. You are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thank you. It was a total honor to be asked to share at such a special place!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...thank you. It was a total honor to be asked to share at such a special place!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Emily. As the program director of Father Martin's Ashley, I appreciate your dedication and willingness to share such a personal and inspiring story. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete