Saturday, November 10, 2012

Yoga and Sobriety

I have committed to doing HOT yoga for 21 days. It is hard, and I feel close to death each and every time I go...but the sense of accomplishment I feel when I am finished is amazing. Very much like sobriety-hard, and painful-but worth it!

The practice of yoga is very much like working a recovery program-they speak of the same things..."Let Go" "Be positive" "Do your best" You have to commit to it, and keep on going whether or not you want to or whether or not it 'feels' good, Even if every fiber in your body is screaming that you can't do it-go anyway...try anyway!

There is also one HUGE difference between sobriety and yoga. If you miss a day of yoga you probably won't die-but if you skip a day of sobriety you just might. I know that sounds dramatic, but it really isn't, untreated alcoholism will eventually kill you, or worse yet land you in a hospital, jail, or institution-no fun-no fun at all!

Off to yoga I go....Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment