Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving




I am thankful for so much this year, I don't even know where to start. My kids, my sobriety, my job, my family, my friends, my life.

It's so easy to say we are grateful for the many blessings in our lives, but I think gratitude is a verb. How do we  treat the people, things, and situations we are grateful for? Do we treat them with respect and love? Or do we take them for granted? I have found (and often the hard way) that we lose whatever we are not grateful for.

So even if something is trying your patience, stay in gratitude. They are only kids for a minute. That elderly family member who gets on your last nerves won't always be here, and you will miss them when they are gone. That food that you are exhausted from cooking- some have no food to cook. The house you spent hours cleaning......you get it. BE GRATEFUL!

I love you all. And I am SUPER grateful for you.......and this blog!!

Oh' and the fact that tomorrow I will be 5 years sober :)

No comments:

Post a Comment