Monday, November 19, 2012

Ain't no Mountain High Enough

Today the boys and I climbed Mummy Mountain. It was a GREAT day. First off, any day that I spend time with the boys where we are all "in the moment' is a great day. As they get older, and have lives of their own this special times seems to happen less and less-I feel that I am grasping onto the moments that I have with them.



 Today Gavin was little again-searching for rocks, carving things, just being little. He is standing on that line between little boy and teenager. It is a wonderful thing to watch. He is one of the funniest children I know. I just adore him, and I am in no hurry for him to grow up
Then there is Beau, also standing on the line...the line between teenager and adult. He is evolving into the man I always knew he would be. He was the brightest most serious little boy, and now he is a bright serious man. I am so proud of who he has become. In the last year I have seen this out of control teenager mature into a man I am proud of.
 

 
            They really are my light.

1 comment:

  1. And I'll bet they've watched you blossom into the mom they always knew you could be once you became sober. You are OUR light, Emily. You will never know how many people you have helped.

    God bless,

    Montana

    ReplyDelete