Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Last Drink

I understand now what they mean when they say the further away you get from your last drink, the closer you are to your next. It's true. As the memories fade of the days of my active alcoholism...I start forgetting how truly terrible it was. I am starting to forget the days when even in a room full of people I felt all alone, the day when yelling and screaming were a daily occurrence, the days when alcohol ruled my life, and my thoughts. I must move on, but I mustn't forget. For it is by remembering that I am of service to other alcoholics, for it is by remembering that I don't fall back into the trap.

1 comment:

  1. great post on moving forward, but don't forget about where you have been.

    I read something you might find inspiring: http://www.todaysstep.com/jan.html

    Enjoy and keep the faith...

    ReplyDelete