Saturday, February 18, 2012

Early

It is 4:00 in the morning, and I am tired. I am up and awake for work, we have a big event this weekend which is requiring me to push myself probably past where I should. But who do you call in sick to when you're the boss?? :)

I love my job and to say that I am grateful for it is a total understatement. But I am being pushed to the limit. I don't want to get burnt out, or pick up a resentment, so after this event I may have to say a little something like...."Do you realize I am doing the work of 3 people?" They do and I know that they appreciate it. But I have to take care of myself. I am of no help to anyone if I push myself into a dry drunk state, or an actual drunk state for that matter.

As you can tell I'm all over the place, a tired mind can do that to you.

I'm off to work.

I love you guys. Please comment. The quiet on here is no fun. xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I found it hard to set boundaries around work because people were used to my overworking. Eventually I just refused to do anything that wasn't in my job description. And then I went freelance. Sobriety gives us new opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, Emily :-) You're always able to see ahead to potential problems and keep them from growing out of control. I hope things slow down for you at work ... it's hard to balance under the best of circumstances. Keep smiling <3

    ReplyDelete