Friday, January 20, 2012

I Drank

I drank for happiness and became unhappy
I drank for joy and became miserable
I drank for sociability and became argumentative
I drank for sophistication and became obnoxious
I drank for friendship and I made enemies
I drank for strength and became weak
I drank for relaxation and got the shakes
I drank for courage and became afraid
I drank for confidence and became doubtful
I drank to feel heavenly and ended up in hell

How many of us can relate to this one??

2 comments:

  1. Yeah this is very good. I can relate to all of it except for the courage one. For some reason I find myself having more anxious feelings now I'm sober, especially when dealing with the kids late at night. I think it's nerves at thinking about the number of times I did that loaded. Thanks for sharing. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Em! I would add one for myself however....I drank to beat loneliness and became lonelier.

    Hope all is well with everyone. I'm busy, busy, busy with PTA and LOTS of meetings...and I'm sober, happy, joyous & free - for today....who knows what my day will be like tomorrow, but I'll deal with that tomorrow.

    Hugs to everyone!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete