Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday

Have you ever had so much on your mind that your brain actually hurt. It's a squeezing feeling actually, and I'm not digging it. Going from 25 hours per week to 40 has been an adjustment, one I am happy to adjust to, but still an adjustment.

Yesterday was the first day I got stressed out, the first day I said "Hold on, there's to much on my plate." and the first night I went home and dreamed of work.

I was so tired on my way home that I could hardly keep my eyes open...all I wanted to do was go home and go to bed-did I? NO, I met a sponsee for coffee, and then went to a women's meeting. I spent years doing what 'I wanted to do' and it got me no where, now I do what I know I'm supposed to do, even when I don't feel like it. GROWTH

3 comments:

  1. I hear you, I am now full time and it is hard, I do feel the tension. You will do just fine.

    THANKS for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days it just seems harder to find balance you know? I totally hear you! Some days I'm good doing a ton of things and I'm fine and then some days I do not much and I flip out. Ah, the journey of sobriety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 38 Meetings in 48 days sober - not bad...prob not gonna make 90 in 90, but it's a heck of a lot better than my 2 previous attempts at sobriety.....trying my darndest to do it right this time :) Hope everyone is well in Emilyism land and hugs to you all!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete