Friday, January 6, 2012

Crazy Week

This week has been crazy!

Beau turned 17. Which was really emotional to me for some reason. I cried really hard that day. I called my Mom and asked her if she got emotional on our Birthdays and she said "NO, I'm just grateful you're still alive." What a horrible way for a Mom to have to feel. I quickly said I was sorry, and then counted my blessings. Beau is far from perfect, but he is an ANGEL compared to me at his age. My baby turning 17, it was a lot to stomach. It's like I have this longing for the little boy he was-It reminds me of the saying..."Having children is making the decision to have your heart walk around outside your body" It really is.

 I also got a promotion. Go me-right!? I now have my DREAM JOB. I manage the catering for baseball teams (remember, I live in AZ. where springing training happens!) It is amazing! You know when people say if I planned my life I would have shorted myself compared to the life God has given me-it is so true in my case.  2 year ago I prayed for a job. I had no clue how that was going to happen, but I can say I trusted God 100% that it would happen....and it did, and I am grateful.

Besides that life is pretty quiet...no new boyfriends, nothing really exciting to report. I am working my program over time right now, because when people say that whatever you put before your sobriety you will lose, I believe them!

5 comments:

  1. emily that is great!! Happy Birthday Beau!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending along happy birthday wishes as well. Congratulations on the job promotion, and way to go on the "journey". take care *poet*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you already!!! So, so proud of you Em! You def earned that promotion :) I get it about Beau turning 17...I've been getting teary eyed lately when I just look at Thomas from across the room...how tall he's gotten, his new "manly" features i.e., jaw squaring up, facial hair, etc....seems like it was just yesterday that I was teaching him how to hold a plastic bat in the backyard or bouncing him on my knee - where did the time go? But they all must grow up I guess. Love to you girl...Always!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your promotion!

    ReplyDelete