Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Open Wounds

I did some step work this weekend-It opened up a truck load of emotions that I have been trying to avoid for years...by the way I celebrated 4 years of sobriety on the 23rd...GO ME! With that being said I also found myself at 4 years sober with a shit load of shit I hadn't yet dealt with. So I did I dealt with it. I told another alcoholic all of my secrets...I looked at my part...I made some solid promises and contracts with myself...I am allowing myself to hurt and then heal from the things I have stuffed my entire life.

I am emotional right now-step work always does that to me. But I know it's worth it (it is, I promise)

6 comments:

  1. I agree that it is so worth all the work we put in to our recovery journey. Come February next I will have nine years sober and I am so proud of that. It was not always easy, I had a lot of 'work' to do, too. but it is freeing to get all that baggage off my back. Lighter and freer is how I have felt. Thanks to a great support system, a fabulous counselor, and the most supportive partner I could ever want. Oh, and the online sobriety group I am a member of. Congratulations on your 4th year. Very proud of you, too *gentle hugs* poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Em & everyone...well, I've relapsed again, but I'm tired of this, so I've checked myself into rehab...I go in Thursday morning. I would go earlier but my husband is out of town till Wednesday nite. I know deep down in my heart that this is what I need...I hate that it's gotten this bad and this far, but I have to do something or I'm gonna lose everything. Not sure if I'll have access to the internet while there, so may be awhile before I check in again.

    Happy 4 yrs to you Em! I want what you have and I'm gonna work my ass off to get it...love you girl!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, glad your getting through those emotions, it really does help by working the steps, and working with another alcoholic.

    Prayers to you Annette!! Thank God your taking the steps you need.

    ReplyDelete