Thursday, November 10, 2011

Do It Anyway

"Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine." -Taylor Swift

I heard the above quote on the CMA awards last night. I love it. For me it is a reminder that there will always be critics. No matter what your doing in live, no matter how many people you are helping, or how bright you shine, there will always be people who will try to fuck with it-don't let them. God has us here for a reason. We are here for a purpose, and it is our job to find out what that purpose is-and do it!

So I guess all I have to say today is-GO ON WITH YOUR BAD ASS SELF!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% Em! I'd just add that sometimes I can be my own worst critic - and I've been an expert at it lately :( I'm gonna work hard - really hard - to change that. I need to love myself - plain & simple! Went back to my 1st meeting today and they did a 1st Step meeting for me....I really needed it. I fessed to my drinking, shared what happened and was welcomed back with open arms and no judgement. Goin back tomorrow, same time, same meeting and plan to go to as many meetings as physically possible....see Em - I am taking your advice, just a couple drunks and weeks late...damn I hate how stubborn I am sometimes!

    Hope everyone is doin great today & love to you all - Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah annette!!!just remember alcoholism is a disease..the doctor wouldn't judge you if your cancer recurred..i bet you wouldn't even judge your self if a cancer recurred! keep your head up..i'm rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I heard that song to and it really is a great quote!! Annette, so happy you are where you need to be!

    I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day and if someone is struggling please reach out!!

    ReplyDelete