Monday, October 17, 2011

Not Fitting In

Something you may not know about me is that until recently I didn't feel like I fit in-I never felt like part of the group-like I belonged-it was horrible. I also felt less than, and left out.

I still do sometimes, but only for a second. Then I remind myself that I am so blessed to be comfortable in my own skin. I need people to stay sober, but I no longer need their approval to be okay. I am okay with being me. As eminem would say "I don't give a fuck what you think-I'm doing this for me."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,

    Isn't that feeling of "not fitting in" part of our disease? Thinking we are different? I can remember feeling that way since I was 10 or 11 years old!
    And no, I didn't drink then but, I think it had something to do with drinking too much as an adult. I'm so happy that you now feel good in your own skin! How are you and your boys?

    And where is everyone???

    Love to you all,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a blog who quotes Eminem!

    Yeah for me it was this little dweeb doing psychology who was dating my girl-friend's friend (if you get the picture?) he said to me
    "Yeah, it's because you are always seeking approval.." and I wanted to punch him in the face. So true it cut me to the bone.

    So now I don't care what people think cause I'm sober and doing quite well thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete