Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kicking in for Beau

Beau is doing decent physically, but emotionally he is struggling. Spending as much time as he will be at home with his mouth wired shut is stressing him out, on top of being way to much time stuck in his head. Watching your kid struggle in physical and emotional pain is horrible.

You may be asking yourself how you can help. You could donate a little, whatever you can do so I can order him netflix and gamefly. I think they will help get him out of his head. This is turning out to be very expensive...and though I know it will be covered that could take years. The food along that he needs to eat threw me off budget for the entire month.

We have a lot of very tough decisions ahead of us. Like whether I am willing to send him back to a school where the consequeces for bulling and breaking a kids jaw is a 5 day suspension. Still haven't heard from the parents, and word on the street is the kid isn't even grounded-nice. I'm guessing they won't care until they have to pull out their wallet-sad really.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,

    I am so sorry you are going through this. I remember when my kids were in grade school and having problems how unbearable it was ... and it was not anywhere close to this. I want to make a donation ... what works best for you .. paypal or cash to the PO box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not taking up for the other parents at all, just wondering what story they have been told and by whom? Did the school tell them the severity of the injuries, or just that he had been suspended for fighting? I can pretty much guarantee the bully is not telling the truth, therefore unless the school told it all, then the parents may have no idea of what really happened. But, it could just be that they have buried their heads in the sand concerning their son, and a serious wake up call with charges filed is what they need. Either way they don't know who they are messing with. Go Get Em, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. The paypal donation button is easiest. xo, em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, paypal it is ... on its way. Also, just a comment on not hearing from the parents ... that may be on the advice of their attorney. It would be admitting fault.

    Hope you're both healing (and Gavin too .. I'm sure this scares him).

    Thanks for everything you do. I don't comment often .. but I read every day. And still think back to seeing you on Dr Phil ... you (and the others that post regularly) are such an inspiration. You help more than you'll ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all I can say is.."homeschool"...I did it and my boys are the best they have ever been...

    ReplyDelete