Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday

Hey everyone! I am up and getting ready for work-so as far a wise things to say-may be sparse. Mmmm how about an update...

I am still dating the new boy. I swing from TOTALLY being into him, to TOTALLY not being. I don't know why. It is weird. I finally get that if we don't work out it's not because there's anything wrong with me, or anything wrong with him, it's just not a match. I am trying to stay in the moment and enjoy him, but I'm not going to lie-it's tuff. Not the enjoying part so much as he is super cute, but the staying in the moment part. I think I have been so worried about finding Mr. Right that I started failing to appreciate Mr. Right Now. Hehehe I think that's what I should call him from now on...Mr. Right Now...funny!

The boys are doing wonderfully. I am continually amazed at how awesome they are. Yesterday I wrote..."Out of all the sons in the entire world how did I get lucky enough to get the very best one?"...on their mirror in dry erase marker......It was funny to hear them bicker about who is was for...duh, both of course! I love them. And I love that I am present in their lives today.

My recovery program is stronger that it ever as been. I am proud of that. My old self would have gotten all wrapped up in the new guy to the point that everything else would have fallen to shit. It is nice to have a life!

Work is great! I am starting the new component of it in a few weeks, then I can chit-chat all about it!

Well, that's it in a nutshell. What about you? Comments have been super slow on here...so come on y'all give us an update! xo, em

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emily,
    Thanks for sharing so openly with us. You make me want to be a better person. Sorry that sounds so queer. I don't know how to say it any differently. Re: "Mr. Right Now", that's a great way to go about it. Although, I'm divorced eight years and haven't had a date since I met my ex-husband in 1993, so, you may choose not to listen to me. I'm ok with that. I don't think I'd listen to me either. What I'm trying to say is, just as we are to take it one day at a time in sobriety, applying that simple truth to dating can't do any harm, at all. In fact, could only make things easier. You are a beautiful person, inside and out! Please know that and embrace it! Looking forward to hearing about your mystery gig! Love to all, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a good honest shot Emily,if he is Mr. RIGHT............ it will go well, what s meant for you wont pass you, pray about it & leave the outcome to God. Glad your enjoying this part of your journey & sounding so upbeat & happy, life is all about enjoying what we have right now. I have had a SAD week my friend died unexpectedly it was such a shock, he was a member of my home group its tough going now, its hard to get used to knowing I wont be seeing him again. He was such a great person. Have been praying for him & his wife & family. I have also been thanking God for having met him. I'm happy he lived & died sober that's the important thing for all of us. Even though its been a sad week its been a good one too filled with gratitude,love,hope,joy & lots of other good things because this is the way its meant to be,long may God continue to direct my thinking a day at a time, all I have to do is show up for class, ask for help & get one with it. I know its ok to be sad.

    ReplyDelete