Wednesday, August 24, 2011

$1.82 in the Tank

Today's been an interesting day. It started out a little ruff as I counted pennies to put in my gas tank this morning. So as I was driving, praying that $1.82 would get me to and from work I prayed to God thanking him that I even had a job to drive to, but that this whole poverty thing was getting a bit old.

Then about half way through my shift I got a phone call offering me a job opportunity doing exactly what I love to do. Sometime slowly, sometimes quickly, but he always answered

The good news is that I never once questioned my ability to do the job. And if you've followed the blog since the beginning you know that has not always been the case. In fact when I re entered the job market I was quite convinced that I was pretty much in capable of anything....GO NEW FOUND SELF-ESTEEM!!! It took awhile to figure out that I'm actually kind of a smart cookie. Thanks for all of you who reminded me time and time again. xo

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,

    I'm soooo happy for you! A new job and a second date, all in the same day!
    What is it that you'll be doing? And, I'm guessing it's going to help you to get above the poverty level? I too am a single mom, work two jobs and ends still don't meet. So, I'm there with you girl! Let us know what you'll be doing and when you start. And, we ALL want to hear about your second date! :)

    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience and continued prayer really work - I'm glad you didn't give up - granted, it took a while, but you are soooo much stronger for it! I'm so excited for you! I "think" I know what the job entails, but I could be wrong, so I will wait to hear it from you on here. Love, love, love examples of God making things happen for those of us that keep the faith and don't give up :)

    And I can't wait to hear about date #2 with hottie either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!! What a relief, can't wait for some details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that you can shorten your links with AdFly and get money from every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete