Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sobriety First

My life is starting to get full. In the beginning of sobriety I was so sick that I all I could do was stay sober. I look back now and I'm so, so grateful that God kept everything off my plate until I was ready to handle it. But am I ready to handle it? I guess so, or I wouldn't be where I am right now.

I needed more time in the week the other day and my mind actually went to my meeting schedule first....HELLO FLIPPING LO....if anything as life takes off I should be going to more meetings...I SORTA know how my disease works...It talks to me in my voice, and sounds super smart...alcoholism is cunning, baffling and powerful-there is no doubt about that-and it wants me drunk...So I did a few things to secure my sobriety. Either I put God and my program first or my crazy will return, and I'm just not up for that-at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment