Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Solution

It's one thing thing when we don't know the solution, or how to use it, or that there even is one. But it is entirely another when you know the solution and how to use it and you don't. I am guilty of it. The solution for me is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS God. When I look away from that and start planning, and obsessing, and basically doing God's job for him nothing gets accomplished-and I mean nothing. Yet I still do it.

I love the saying that when the student is ready the teacher will come. It has rang so true in my life. As you all know I have been in a rut what many of you don't know is that I have been obsessing over my weight...really badly. But I did the right thing-when I did get a break from obsessing-I prayed. And the other day the answer came via face book...I read this "What ever you think about the most is your God" WOW...at that moment I was all like woo-woo-woo wait a flipping minute I have totally made my weight my God. No more! I get it! Just like when I first got sober and alcohol was my God, or when I first stopped smoking and cigarettes was I needed to turn my weight over. Turning something over means every time you think about it you pray-at least that's what it means to me.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Em! I am guilty of this too, but am trying to get better at turning things over immediately instead of obsessing and trying to control things that aren't within my control. When I turn things over to God, I find that everything works out and is easier to deal with, but for some reason, sometimes that self-will creeps back up and rears its ugly head - always, always need to keep myself in God's Grace and remember that it is His will, not mine that will get me through this life with a smile on my face, love in my heart and kind words that come from my mouth :)

    Again Em - I had a wonderful day with you today and can't wait to get back together Thursday nite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Emily, I think this post really spoke to me, thank you!! You know I have a lot going on right now, but my weight has, is and always was on my mind, I guess like you said, My GOD!! I am even thinking about it now, even though I have much larger things to worry about!! I think if I was 15-20lbs. lighter, I would be comfortable, I would be pretty, I would be...... it is so crazy how we think. I lost a little weight when I stopped drinking, but food is my other addiction I believe. It has been there since I was a child. I learned when I did my 4 & 5th step that I had that problem since I was in 3rd grade. because I developed faster and felt "weird". So funny, I was always an alcoholic thinker, but as a child & teen I ate. Then as an adult I ate and drank, (not so smart). I hate all you skinning alcoholics (lol, just kidding)!! I was always the person who drank their face off, then needed a full meal!!!

    right now I am trying to curb my hunger. I know a lot of people are cross addicted, but I have to be honest right now I do not have another 12 step recovery in me. I am really just trying to stay sober. I am 15 months sober and this past month has been the hardest, I think even harder than my mom's death. Because it was about her, not me, I needed to be 100% for her.

    Thanks for being so honest, I'm here sober and a little chunky!!!

    Have a great time with Annette!!

    ReplyDelete