Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sobriety Sunday

Hello everyone! Lots to say today, and not much time to say it all...gotta get packed up & ready to head back to Kansas tomorrow early a.m., and still need to run over to Em's still tonite :)
Finished reading "Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife" and it was excellent! She couldn't have told "my" story better - haha!

The more I read on the internet, various blogs, hear on the news, read in magazines, etc., etc.....the more I become aware that this problem of women & alcoholism is more predominant than any of us may ever know. The anniversary of the Diane Schuler tragedy is what really got me thinking about all of this. Her husband loved her so much that he can't even see the truth....even after all this time. We become the most excellent hiders that ever existed! But come on, no one magically gets to a BAC of .19 and no one "magically" tests positive for significant levels of THC...there comes a point when we need to jump back into reality.

And that's what I want to talk about here today. Normal drinkers don't google alcoholism, they don't get online and take "Are you an Alcoholic" tests to see what their results will be...normal drinkers don't look for internet blogs that discuss alcoholism, recovery and issues related to both...normal drinkers don't sit and think about and dwell on when & where they will next have an opportunity to drink alcohol....the list goes on and on.

With that said - it's time we get REALLY, REALLY, SCARY honest with ourselves....if you think you have a problem with alcohol, you probably do.....so take some responsibility...take some action - FOR YOURSELF....you can sit around and read internet blogs, watch movies/documentaries about alcoholism/alcoholics lives, read books written by others about their alcoholism, and on & on.....but those things WILL NOT make you "magically" sober....you need to 1st & foremost probably get brutally honest with yourself....you won't get today back, so don't waste any more "todays" and get moving on your sobriety for all the tomorrows that are yet to come. You really can have a beautiful sober life....but it's not going to be handed to you in some "magical form" either....you have to take action and work hard for yourself...for your life.....none of us wants to be the next Diane Schuler.

I pray for everyone that follow Em's blog daily....sobriety rocks!!!

Annette
Guest posting for Em

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Annette! I hope you can picture me standing and applauding your words and your example from my home in...

    Montana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love love this Annette!!! Scary honest is exactly what we need!

    Love!

    there IS hope~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals! Mommaof3 - while in AZ and hangin with Em, there was something choking me up & at first I couldn't figure it out....I finally did tho - I wished that you could have been there with us! I remember the wee early days when I 1st began following & commenting on here - it was mainly just you and Em - you both were my only life strings at that time - and I am eternally grateful :) I almost started crying when I spoke at Em's meeting last Thursday nite - I shared how you 2 were the 1st ones that I admitted to that I was an alcoholic, how incredibly scared I was and how supportive both of you were. It seems like this blog has slowed down significantly since then - I hope that it can grow again soon - I know "I" definitely want to be there for those still struggling, just as you and Em were there for me at the end of 2009...love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm struggling and I hope this blog can help me through. I've tried to post comments here before but it has never worked. Maybe this time it will! I know I am an alcoholic and I want so much to live happily without alcohol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 3:33 - We are so here to help you in any way that we can. Sometimes I have trouble posting comments too, but keep trying - I have to hit "post comment" 3 times before it takes me to the Google log-in page - weird, but if that's what it takes, then that's what I'll do :)

    Would you like to tell us a little about yourself - anonymously of course? Maybe some of your story with alcohol and how you got to where you are today. It sounds like you have admitted you have a problem and sweetie, that is absolutely THE HARDEST part - you don't have to live this way anymore. We are here to listen, make suggestions and support you 150%. Hope to hear from you soon and please, please know that there IS HOPE and you are NOT ALONE!

    BIG, BIG CYBER HUGS Anon - Looks like you've taken that 1st big step and we know it took tons and tons of courage - no one ever wants to admit that they are alcoholic - it's very brave to realize it and admit it though when you really are. Look forward to hearing from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Measuring the potency of your medical marijuana using the MyDx from CDx Life is the perfect way to get the most accurate thc testing levels. This testing device is very simple to use and only requires basic knowledge to use. All you need to do is to put a tiny sample of your medical marijuana into the device and in a matter of seconds, you will see the results on your smartphone app. You can then store this information for future use so you know what kind of strain to get every time.

    ReplyDelete