Thought I'd share my gratitude list for today with everyone. I haven't done one in a while, and it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I woke up this morning.
1. My HP guidling me thru life instead of me attempting to be in control of it and messin it up all the time.
2. My loving & supportive family.
3. Waking up to another wonderful day on this Earth.
4. The strength my HP has given me to "suck it up" and continue my weekly guest blog here for Emily.
5. The knowledge to understand that I can't have expectations about others, I will almost always be disappointed. All I can control are my actions and words.
6. All my friends in my recovery program....this includes all that follow on Em's blog....I am truly grateful for the wonderful friendships I've developed here and the support I've received :)
7. The ability - TODAY - to buck up and agree with Cinoda.....
My name is Annette, and I am an alcoholic. I first got sober on 12/16/09 and remained sober for exactly 10 months. I had some "slips" in 2010 that were, in my eyes, necessary in order to move on in my recovery. I have now, by the Grace of God, been sober for 5 months and 2 weeks. I am proud of my 5 months & 2 weeks. Without my HP, my homegroup, sponsor and, in this instance, especially those that follow on here, I wouldn't be able to take the constructive criticisms/thoughts of others in recovery. I have all my support outlets by the Grace of God, and I've learned to "own" what I have.....what I have accomplished. And thanks to Cinoda for calling me on my bullshit - she's exactly right! I can't work this 12-step program the way "I" want to, so that it fits "my" needs. I have to work it the way it is....the way it's been for many, many years.....and that, my friends, renders me 5 months & 2 weeks sober as of today. I will not drink today and I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here :) I hope everyone following here today can make the same statement for themselves.
Glad to be back friends and grateful to be alive today!
Hugs to everyone - Annette