Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bored

I am super bored today. I have heard that boredom is a sign of self-pity, I sort of think that's crap, but whatever. I do get that I'm just not use to relaxing and taking it easy. Most alcoholics feed and create sick excitement. I am no exception. And though I don't really do that in sobriety I do find myself bored quite often.

It doesn't help that I'm broke and can't afford to do anything. Okay that's a little bit of self-pity:) I was thinking earlier what I would do if I had money and the truth is I would go shopping. I need nothing, I don't need to go shopping. And I would be doing it to "feel" better. God, I am such an alcoholic.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emily, Recently I was invited to join a book club. Since I, like you, have no money, I get my books at the library. It has opened up a whole new world for me. And it's free! I used to read a lot and for some reason stopped years ago. I'd like to give you titles of some of the books I have read and maybe you could get one at your library and start today.
    "This is Where I Leave You" LOL
    "The Art of Racing in the Rain" Awesome, especially for dog lovers!
    "Minding Frankie" Just started this last night but, great so far.
    I hope you'll give it a try. The other thing I've been doing for years now is a weekly Bible study group. I Love It!!! And it keeps me focused on God and what He can do, not what I can't do. Let me know if that sounds good to you. Love to you, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen anyone so hopeless helpless. Hope you can turn it all over to God one day and just be happy and free.

    ReplyDelete