Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Not Abandoning Myself

I'm going to try to share a little about what's going on with me right now, which is hard for me to do. I have a much easier time writing about stuff once I've gotten a little bit past it. But I'm going to give it a shot....



I have been looking at my relationships lately, or lack there of. I am in the process of reading"Beyond Co-Dependency" I don't really think I'm all that co-dependant, but I keep on abandoning myself when I get into new relationships. So I guess we'll go with a phrase often used for alcoholics...if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a duck.

I'm thinking it's probably time in my sobriety to get some counseling. Which I'm sure will open up a big can of emotional whup ass, but I'm willing to do the work, I feel like I've been "stuck" in the same place for far to long, at this point I don't know how to get past on my own...so outside help it is.

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    Thanks for your honesty. I remember seeing you on Dr Phil several years ago and thinking you had everything figured out.

    While I'm sad for your struggle, it helps to know that it's just a journey and that we all just need to continue to move along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,
    Good for you.
    I am not the one to interfere in your process but many times I thought if you had some counseling and if not maybe you should.
    I took counseling after some years of sobriety.
    It was time and I never did regret it.
    Lots of courage. You deserve a happy life!

    Love & Light

    ReplyDelete