I got a request to write a list of my favorite things about being sober. I asked my BBF'S what some of their favorite things about sobriety are also....
Here was the one thing all of us had on our list... NOT MAKING ASSES OUT OF OURSELVES AND FORGETTING WHAT WE SAID WHILE WE WERE DRUNK! That by far for me is the coolest part of sobriety. The close relationship you end up building with God is also RAD!
Here we go....
1. Getting closer to God, willingly
2. The program we stay sober in and our sponsors
3. Learning a whole new way of thinking
4. Meeting BBF's (best blogging friends)
5. Forgiving ourselves and others
6. Knowing that we only have to clean our side of the street
7. Not throwing up in the morning while brushing our teeth
8. Not having huge unexplainable bruises
9. Being honest with ourselves and others
10. Not offending people or forgetting what we say
11. Being comfortable in our own skin
12. Peace and Serenity
13. Having people to call at any given moment that know just how we feel
14. Being a good Mom that only flies off the handle sometimes, instead of all the time
15. Dancing sober
16. Not blacking out/or passing out
17. Helping other people
18. Knowing that no matter where we are, there is a place we can go and feel at home
19. No more waking up feeling shame, guilt and worthlessness
20. Learning to deal with stuff instead of stuffing it or drinking over it!
Thank you Jamee and Annette! You girls ROCK!